Color of the year & color trends 2023
Joie de Vivre
A vivacious shade of coral tinged with pink, Raspberry Blush enlivens the senses with an electric optimism.
Raspberry Blush 2008-30
strikes the right chord, setting the stage for Color Trends 2023.
Never a backdrop, Raspberry Blush is the definition of charismatic color. This unapologetic shade of red orange had us thinking: bold, bolder, boldest. This sentiment flows through the rest of the palette as we immerse ourselves in hues that make a statement. Inspired by an artist’s desire to communicate through color, shape, and sound, Color Trends 2023 was built to envelop you in vivacious color.
To commemorate this year’s selection, Benjamin Moore partnered with electro-funk duo Chromeo to underscore the upbeat and optimistic tone of the palette and the dynamic role color plays in self-expression—much like music.
- Bring a blushed update to the deep red dining room with Raspberry Blush walls and Onyx furnishings.
- Create a lively living room with walls and wainscoting in Raspberry Blush.
- Add a pop of color to your home with a powder room or en suite painted in this rich coral.
Color Trends 2023
Our Color Trends 2023 palette was chosen for its distinct presence and personality. Each of these eight confident hues offer inspiration and creativity, while encouraging a push beyond the traditional to experience truly exceptional color.
Bring individuality to your space and discover the transformative power of paint with sumptuous hues inspired by the bold strokes of modern art, the natural changes that occur in metal overtime, and the desire to express ourselves through color.
Whether you’re looking for a trim to pair with one of our Color Trends 2023 colors, or testing the waters with an accent wall, this selection of neutral hues covers warm, cool, and neutral undertones so you can pair with the color trends hue of your choice.
A deep chocolate with hints of brown, black, and violet in its undertone, this enigmatic hue combines both comfort and drama. Warm and engaging, Wenge is ideal for amping up saturation in rooms with predominantly neutral walls or bringing balance to a space with a lot of color.
- Use on exteriors for a rich update to traditional taupe exteriors.
- Create a focal point with Wenge in kitchens to bring a velvety touch to the space.
- Immerse yourself in this rich hue with living room walls and ceiling in Wenge.
A rich brown touched by orange undertones, this warm hue will have you questioning the very definition of a neutral. Cinnamon is an excellent bridge between neutrals and more saturated shades–if you find you’re looking for a bolder neutral, or a more neutral hue that still feels like a focal point, Cinnamon is the spice for you.
- Bring warmth to the kitchen with Cinnamon walls and ceiling.
- Entertain guests with Cinnamon in common areas and home hubs like living rooms.
- Invite guests to stay awhile with a guest room in this rich hue.
Harmonize Your Designs with Cinnamon
Use on walls with a ceiling in Etiquette for a warm, inviting style.
Use Cinnamon on trim in a room with walls in White Heron for a clean, eclectic vibe.
A rich ochre, yellow and green undertones balance out this unique hue. Similar to gold leaf for your walls, Savannah Green is a statement-making shade that plays well with neutrals and saturated hues. Offering both whimsy and drama, explore higher sheens for a lustrous take on this sprightly hue.
- Use in an art studio for an infusion of creativity and acidic inspiration.
- Opt for Savannah Green walls in a home office for a citrus-infused take on the traditional earthen-green workspace.
- Create an invigorating dining room, balanced by crisp White Heron, for the perfect space to entertain and indulge.
Get Groovy with Savannah Green
Increase contrast and creativity with Savannah Green on walls and accents in Conch Shell.
Balance accent walls in Savannah Green with crisp White Heron walls and trim for a clean, acidic style.
North Sea Green
Sink into this saturated shade, which blends the relaxing vibes of gray-blue hues and the simmering pleasure of blue-green. Engaging and deep, this soothing teal has a delicate gray undertone that enrichens this moody hue.
- An update to the tranquil green bathroom, turn your en suite into a spa with walls in North Sea Green.
- Create a soothing getaway with a bedroom in North Sea Green.
- Paint a cozy dining nook in North Sea Green, including the ceiling for an enveloping and intimate space to dine and entertain.
Embrace Moody Moments with North Sea Green
Take inspiration from antique jewel boxes by painting all four walls and ceiling this enigmatic green.
Pair with Savannah Green in an adjoining room for a pleasurable contrast that plays up the acidic nature of Savannah Green balanced by North Sea Green’s weight.
Starry Night Blue
A radiant navy akin to the dark indigo of dusk, this inky hue breathes romance into any space. Depth and dimension define walls painted in Starry Night Blue, a captivating hue with just a touch of violet in its undertone.
- Paint walls in a kitchen with White Heron, and use Starry Night Blue on kitchen cabinets for a saturated, ultramarine take on the deep navy-blue cabinet.
- Use Starry Night Blue to create the serene oasis of your dreams, a playful twist on soft blue bathrooms.
- Lean into monochromatic living rooms with Starry Night Blue walls and velvet blue furnishings.
Find Your Rhythm with Starry Night Blue
Paint an accent wall in an open-concept space with Starry Night Blue to delineate a different use for the area.
Opt for a higher sheen to emulate the glimmer of the night sky.
A gentle pink reminiscent of sepia tone, this dusty hue brings to mind thoughts of sunsets captured by a vintage film camera. Conch Shell may bring a blush to your space, but this hue is not shy. This comforting color balances out the bold vibes of this palette, appearing almost neutral alongside such striking shades.
- Use on hallways and entryways for a comforting hue in transitional spaces.
- Paint your powder room with this pleasing hue for a complimentary cast.
- Opt for a contemporary, peachy take on the neutral beige living room with Conch Shell walls and trim.
Bring a Pop of Color with Conch Shell
Use on an accent wall in a neutral room for a gentle dose of color.
Pair with red furnishings for an updated take on the monochromatic style.
Soft and ethereal, this light purple is grounded by a drop of gray. It emanates a soft spiritual sensibility, leaning into the softer side of our Color Trends 2023 palette. Appearing both gray and lavender, depending on the lighting, infuse a touch of color into any space with this engaging hue.
- Infuse a gentle dose of calm into a sitting area or reading room with a New Age accent wall.
- Use New Age on walls for a whimsical, dreamy take on the vintage mauve bedroom.
- Create a soothing master bathroom with wainscoting in New Age for a relaxed space to unwind.
Hit the Right Note with New Age
Paint the ceiling in a white room with New Age for a surprising burst of color that draws the eyes up.
Create feign-scoting by painting the bottom half of your walls with New Age, bringing visual interest with a delicate spin.
Download your copy of the Color of the Year 2023 brochure to explore Raspberry Blush 2008-30 and the expressive hues of the Color Trends 2023 palette. Bring bold color to your projects, mood boards, and designs with our downloadable dollops.
Design Tool Palettes
Download Benjamin Moore palettes in the following design programs and software applications: